Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ok this is a blog written in panic. Just been to the Naturopath.. At lunch I really fancied a milkshake. I have not had one in about 3 years. So the whole dont have dairy thing blew me up like a balloon. So Naturopath puts me on the scales.. I am now officially my heaviest weight EVER! I feel very frustrated. She really doesnt understand the whole BB thing so is always telling me to eat less protein. And also says I have enough muscle. I think I dont. I know i am holding a very large amount of muscle but still disheartened by the number on the scale.
New game of attack.. I will now watch my portion sizes.
Breakfast - 3/4 cup oats with berries, flax and 1/2 banana, protein shake
Morning tea - Leafy salad (quantity?), 50g sweet potato, 50g chick peas and 90g tuna
Lunch - 3/4 cup rice, 120 g chicken, 1 cup veg
Afternoon tea - Protein Shake, 12 Almonds
PW shake
Dinner - 150g protein, 2 cup veg

Comments?? Anything Im missing or are my amounts off? I guess I want to drop some weight - not in a hurry and want to do it slowly.
I guess I am alittle unsure of how much I should be eating.. Is that strange - after years of measuring out amounts I have no idea what amount to eat.
Also there will be walks in 4 x 1 hour walks each week.

Thoughts?

5 comments:

Kerry Ware said...

Cheryl,
I think that your mid afternoon meal should include whole foods not a shake. They really don't do much for your metabolism and you will feel much better during the late afternoon.

Just a thought

Jaime-lee said...

Now Miss Cheryl this is enough to get anyones butt into gear! I know the uncomfortable bloating feeling when you eat gluten and diary, I too suffer it....so take yourself to that place of 'your lowest weight you have ever been'(probably b4 comp?) and remember how great you felt! remember the euphoria, the highness and the energy indured all wound up into one! Now hold on to that feeling and take it with you everywhere! and garanteed the weight will melt off.... BUT you must hold those memories of those emotions at all times THATS THE KEY X

We (your friends) will get you up ON THAT STAGE Cheryl....but most importantly YOU'LL GET YOURSELF UP THERE!!

NOW BE TOUGH GIRL! BE DETERMINED! BE AROGANT! DONT LET THOSE BASTARD LITTLE FOOD GROUPS STOP YOU FROM REACHING YOUR GOAL!

CAIO' BELLA X

LizN said...

Cheryl,
Just glancing quickly at your proposed intake - you're probably not eating enough to reach your physique goals right now. This type of pre comp eating not only messes up your physique, it messes with your mind.

Unless you're lactose intolerant or suffer with candida, no need to take dairy out.

cheers
Liz N

Michelle said...

I won't comment on your diet, others already have. However, maybe you could try a different natropath. I've just started with Dr Frank Marcelinno and he treats heaps of body builders and has a good understanding of our needs. I've only been a few times and I'm already feeling a lot better. However, he does have a no dairy for the 1st month policy.

Anonymous said...

this is just an idea but forget the chickpeas and eat green cut beans(frozen coles is ok) say 1 cup worth with mid am potato and eat whole food-maybe 6-8 egg whites with some tomatoe or capsicum-a mini omlette for mid pm meal?
would have to cook it before you go out-and walking why not try 30min x 6 days and 1 1 hour walk on your day off from the gym? otherwise you may come to hat the walks? you want to retain muscle and just loose fat dont you?