Thursday, July 24, 2008

Big thanks to everyone who has left comments. This is very exciting for me.

Just posting to let mark day 1 of eating clean and healthy for serious muscle gain. No more junk - i dont really like it and the idea of what it is doing to my body kind of grosses me out. So went for a lovely 1 hour and 5min walk with Miss TC and had a great chat along the way. Fridays tend to be slack on the training front because I work my day job till 5 then go straight to my second job and work until 12. This is when I tend to drive past a take away shop or that darn Villis cafe which is open 24 hours.. I might put my photo in there and tell staff not to serve me :)
So today I stopped making excuses and went to the gym in my lunch break. Got my leg session done which means I am back upto date with training. Ok so Ive put together a new program and I had to have some serious talks with myself to get through it. Possible too many sets for a few of the exercises. I have started doing 4sets of everything. Here is what I managed..


  • Deadlift @ 30(I think I need to have someone watch me do this.. Not sure if im using my back too much or maybe my lower back is just weaker then my legs so i feel it more??)

  • BB Squat @ 35 (had to drop the weight on the last set)

  • DB Single leg lunge @ 7.5 (only made 3 sets)

  • Leg ext @ 30

  • Stiff leg Deadlift @ 27.5 (Pretty bad effort but I was stuffed and forgot my straps)

  • Lying leg curl @ 20 (Did I mention I was stuffed)

  • Back Ext (3 sets)

  • Abductors and Annducters (I always made fun of girls that do this exercise until I saw Viv, a women I greatly admire do them) - felt a little silly.

Any comments of my session are more then welcomed.


Now im back at work and just want to curl up and sleep and I have a very long night ahead of me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl & Welcome! :o)

LizN said...

Hi Cheryl,
Great to see you blogging and also very nice to meet you in Melbourne. I'm looking forward to helping you hit that stage next year.

Hugs
Liz N

Kerry Ware said...

You're going to get smashed tomorrow by H. bwahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Ouch that's endurance! I need to lie down just looking at a leg workout like that, though I did those workouts in my off season.

G'day from another Adelaidy. I'll be sure to be following your progress. Which gym do you train at?

Cheryl D said...

Hi Michelle, yeay another Adelaidian! im training at Fitness First in the city. Nice gym but not a fan of the stinky cardio room. Where do you train? Do you have a blog?