Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So as per Blogging rules - honesty is required.. so... Last night I was invited to the Australian Hotel Awards night and I misbehaved. Im not one to drink - I easily dont drink through 6 months of comp prep without a second thought. Not only for health reasons but also after years of working in bars, I am slightly sicked by drunk behaviour. That being said I thought this would be the perfect night to have a few champagnes. Note now my tolerance for the odd drink is very low and the drinks knocked me for six. I would like to take this time to say thankyou to my wonderful roomie for picking me up, making me a sandwich and stopping me from drowning in my cup of tea. But I loved getting all dressed up (I looked great even if I didnt by the end of the night). Will post pictures this weekend.

Waking up today (late) I realised how much of an effect wine has on a body. I feel terrible and hungry. And the will power to stick to clean eating flew out the window. Safe to say I will be giving the gym a miss tonight. The idea of training legs and being under a heavy bar doing squats just does not seem like a safe idea. So tonight I will restock my house full of nutritional food, do some much needed cleaning (maybe) and prepare for a better day tomorrow. Starting with a nice hour brisk walk with T. T is my old (not in age) training parter.

Also training with H on Saturday so should hurt me good. This weeks training though is taking me ages to recover from. My chest and bis still ache from Monday nights session. Not sure what thats about but possible need to do more (some) stretching.

6 comments:

TC said...

Lucky you explained yourself missy otherwise you may have been sorry you said yes to the walk in the morning :)

Tara said...

Hi Cheryl, hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog. I came across it while posting in Erica's blog. Which comp are you aiming for next year? Your back shot in your profile is brilliant!!

Cheers, Tara

Cheryl D said...

Thanks Tara. That picture was taken at last years comp. I would love to compete at the All Females in Melbourne in July next year because I didnt make it this year. But otherwise I want to do the few comps we have in Adelaide - the WNBF in Sept, NABBA, Sept and INBA in Oct. Depending on condition - maybe Nationals?? Now im getting ahead of myself :)

Tara said...

It is always good to have goals and i doubt you are getting too far ahead of yourself! re my pancakes, I usually put rhubarb and banana or apple in them, pop the fruit in the mix but this time I chose to try blueberries. I dont' use oats in them, I use soy flour. It is higher in protein, lower in carb and fluffs them up a bit.

Kek said...

Hi Cheryl, nice to meet you! :o)

Alcohol is definitely the devil on my shoulder...not the drinks themselves so much, but as you say,t he effects the next day. All I want to do is EAT.

Cheryl D said...

Hi Kek. we actually meet at Phat Camp I was there with Kerry and Tania (TC). I also saw you from a distance at the All Females.. Very small world