Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stepping out from Lurking

Hi all.. so finally decided (thanks for the friendly push) to start blogging for the reason to be accountable and give me time to reflect on it all..

So background.. im 25 and live in my lovely apartment with my roomie. I work full-time in Finance, part-time in a hotel and study part-time to finish my degree in Finance. I have a dancing background but was always chubby which ballooned out of control when I lived overseas for 3 years. I became miserable both physically and emotionally. In Canada I started training with a PT and fell in love with the way I felt and my new muscles. On returning to Adelaide I set my eye on competing in Novice Figure show INBA last year.

I loved the experience of competing and being on stage (natural show pony) and got straight into comp prep for this year.. which is where I fell down. I have had to not compete this year due to bad binging due to having a overly restrictive diet. The decision was made that if I want to compete I need to do it in a sustainable, healthy and balanced way.

So my aim this year is to develope a healthy relationship with food and learn more on effective training. Build some arms to match my legs and slowly wittle down my weight so I am in a better place to hit the stage next year as a natural bodybuilder.

3 comments:

Kerry Ware said...

Well Miss Cheryl,

Let me be the first to say "about time"!

Magda said...

And I'll second that and raise it by introducing you to the blogging community. Your blog address will be posted in my blog as an introduction (Hope you dont mind).

Cheers

Magda

Cheryl D said...

Thanks guys. See you Sunday.. so coconut and apricot toast or berchim muscli? Its going to be a tough decision.