Sunday, August 3, 2008

Howdy all,

Well the weekend is over and Im back sitting at my desk. The weekend was pretty un eventful. Got up very early Sat morning after working till late to help my parents out with their Garage sale. I hate garage sales. Really dont like strangers going through my parents belongings and bartering over 50 cents for a crystal vase. I decided alot of the better stuff we should try and sell on ebay rather then sell it for $1. Woops i think I volunteered myself for that job.

I got saved from the sale by training with H. We spoke earlier that morning and after I confessed my weight he surprised me with his response. Now this man does not mince his words (although he is working on his tact). He has left me stung many times with his critic on my 'progress' while training for comps. So I say "H I weight 75kg". He says "You wear it well - You carry it well. Not sure where your hiding the extra kg". I nearly dropped the phone. We have come along way from "Hot body but to fat to compete". I was so pleased with his response I was amped to get in and train hard. It has made me think.. yes I have along way to go. But do I look terrible and should I feel horrible - NO. I look strong, I am strong. Now lets get down to work.
Had a killer session and ended it with some nasty walking lunges (secretly love them - dont tell). I have problems with my lower back - generally due to tight hips and a weak back so normally have issues squating alot but I was vry pleased with my effort and no pain.. Until today but i think it might be due to sitting on a bar stall for 3 1/2 hours yesterday. But that is for latter.

Worked Sat night and had a great convo about training with a security gaurd I work with. very interesting listening to others opinions about competing.

Sunday went to the farmers market but I think I got there too late. All the Chicken was sold (the man said they just flew out this morning - I said that I wanted dead chooks anyway and not ones that can fly - we giggled). Did pick up some free range Steak and eggs though - yumm.
I spent the afternoon with a guy I was friends with 6 years ago. He looked me up on face book and I thought - why not. Well - 3 1/2 hours later I had said my good byes and peeling myself of the stool. Siding without a back to my chair for that long has left me in alot of pain today. Trying to organise a massage - always helps.

Food went well on the weekend. Got all my veg in (Good girl Cheryl). Got rid of the dairy again - I am lactose intolerant but just keep persisting in trying to eat cheese (not a very good idea). Still having natural yoghurt which i make myself I am less bloated for it. All in all - im ready for a good week.

2 comments:

Jaime-lee said...

Staying focused Mrs Cheryl? I am looking forward to our walk on Sunday....should we meet at the club and go in one car? at about 12.30pm The torrens isnt far at all....il take you to a special place of the torrens....if it isnt raining!! ; )

Now repeat after me...

Milk makes me bloated,
Milk is full of artifical chemicals (especially milkshakes!)
Milk is uncomfortable becuase
Milk gives you the farts!!

LOL....well thats what happens to me!!

SMS me if Sundays ok x x
BE GOOD OTHERWISE IL CALL H TO HURT YOU! ; )

Cheryl D said...

LOL.. yes I can relate to all those milk comments. Im being good. Just got back from a 45 min walk in the rain - stupid corporate cup. Ok lets meet at the Club. I only live 5 min from there so if we get rained out you can come over for tea.