Tuesday, November 4, 2008

So Im going to pretend that it has not been 5 weeks since I last posted. And just carry on.
The past 5 weeks has seen a drop of 4kg which I am very happy about but I cant see the 4 so it is hard to accept. I have a challange from the coach that while he is away in New York (World championship) I need to drop 5 kg before seeing him. That gives me 3 weeks - and Im hoping it is a visible change. 5kg seems like a very large number but I am going to do my very best to make it happen. I am 3 days into it so far. Just trying to think 1 day at a time. Could be challanging with my birthday falling in the last week of the challange H gave me. There will be no drinking for my this year. Not a big loss really but my friends dont really get it so they tend to make it alittle harder. How many times can you say no thanks before you cave? Which wont happen (I have invited H to my birthday - that way there will be no way I will get caught with a drink in my hand).

Training has been going great guns. Have increased the amount I am lifting for 2 weeks now. I had the pleasure of training with Vivienne (Ms WNBF Australian Champ) last week and loved every second of it. I forgot how much fun it is to train with someone. It was great being pushed and when such an amazing ladies tells you '3 more' you do 3 more!

Cardio has been pleasant. The great weather has been making my morning walks all the better. H thinks I might need to be using a bike soon just to burn that little bit more so I am frantically saving $$ for a birthday present for myself. I have also been adding in 30 min on the bike after weights at night. I wasnt told to but thought that I need the extra work.

Dieting is getting easier. I am not thinking about it (or fighting it) as much as I had been previously. Still trying to work on getting more salad and veg in but not doing too badly. And while I can still have a free meal on Sundays I am happy to 'miss out' on the cakes at work all week.

Days are going like this:
6am - Walk 1 hour
7.20 - 4 x eggwhites 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 banana and berries
10.30 - Tuna and blanched (love that word) brocolli and cauli
1 - 150g chicken (with Chilli flakes - yumm) 1 cup rice and green beens
4 - Chicken (minced) with cabbage, carrot and bean sprouts (like a spring roll without the roll)
7- Shake post workout
8 - Steak and veg
I have been having 4 egg whites with 2 strawberries on top before bed if I really need to.
In emergencies when I have no food or those nights when I just can not be stuffed cooking (this happens generally once a week) I have been having Salmon Shashimi and sushi.

So things are going well I am crazy busy with work, training and study (exams in 2 weeks) but I love busy.

Well done to everyone who has competed this year. It is a hard slog and I admire all that have made the decision to compete. Have a lovely time enjoying the balance of life now AC(After Comp).

X

1 comment:

Jaime-lee said...

OMG YOUR ON FIRE GIRL! Viv's great isnt she! we had great training sessions together, I got alot of my size at one stage training with Viv. Cant wait to see how she goes in the states....OMG goose bumps!

Keep going strong, stay focused and remember ONLY THE STRONGEST SURVIVE THE DIET!

JL xx